MandrakeUpdate Problem

Shadowchaser

Hello all,

About 3 weeks ago i decided to do a total reinstall and Cleanup of my system, I install 10.1 power pack and started to bring back my system to the way i like it.. anyway i tried doing MandrakeUpdate and all it does is the following:

1, Ask for root password-> i give it

2, ask to check mirrors -> i answer yes

3 start to download hdlist.cz -> ok

then nothing it just dissapears... :wall:

now everyting else work, like Package Install, and Removal.

so i add in media manager a update source {that is correct for my version 10.1} and i can

under install package : install package by updateabily...

But i would really like to use Mandrakeupdate that shows in the menu Bug fixs, Security, Normal update..

any idea's on how i can fix this?

Thanks,

Mandrake 10.1

KDE 3.3

have you set up all necessary mirrors using easyurpmi already? if not, do it.

when running urpmi --auto-select in a terminal, what results do you get? any error messages?

Well all the necessary mirrors are setup, as for urpmi --auto-select, I get a little nervous about using this option because i use it once and it Broke my system, Of course is was back in Mandrake 9, Remember i can update via Package Install i do have an option to pick the software by updateablity, and i know this works because i have used it in the last week.. By the way Arctic thanks for the fast reply :D

IIRC, there was an initial bug in MandrakeUpdate in 10.1.

urpmi rpmdrake

Install that (and it's dependencies) then try to run the graphical MandrakeUpdate again. That should work for you.

This is, of course, dependant on you having an Update source installed (via easyurpmi)

ok LiquidZoo i double check to make sure i have update sources in package manager and i do.. so i dropped down in CLI and did urpmi rpmdrake {as root} and it said everything all ready installed... So i went to my Update_Sources and look for a rpmdrake i didn't see one... any other idea??