Mandrake & Debian sharing /home?

Guest RainKap

Guest RainKap

I have a setup with Mandrake 10.1 Power Pack on hda1, Debian on hda2 (each with about 9GB); both use hda5 (about 19GB) as /home, hdb1 (1GB) as swap, and hdb5 (about 37GB) as /mnt/shared to be accessed from Windoze machines.

I've set up two users in the Mandrake control centre, each with a suitable icon for the login panel. If I shut down & restart Mandrake, these icons stick. However if I shut down Mandrake, restart and boot into Debian, then go back to Mandrake, the icons revert to the default shadow human outline. By contrast, the icons which I've selected for the Debian login stick even when I've run Mandrake in between boots of Debian. This suggests to me that the definition of the icons for the Mandrake login is somewhere in /home (otherwise why would the icons drop back to the default only when I've run Debian?), but I've not been able to find anything in the /home directory which looks like a definition of the icons for login. I've also trawled through the Mandrake /etc directory without finding anything which I recognise as a pointer to the icon definitions. Can anyone help by pointing me to where the appropriate config file is, please?

TIAFYH

Ian Park

umm... which login amanager are you using? kdm? (i think so....). take a look at your hidden /.kde folder. i guess the config file is somewhere in that folder. :unsure: