urpmi freezes when adding new media

Guest sledged

Guest sledged

I'm having trouble with urpmi I am unable to add any new media. I did an upgrade last night and at the end it told me some files couldnt be installed (something to do with raid) so I removed the old main repository and added a different one. Urpmi was working fine, the one I tried was full and I was getting tired so I didnt bother waiting to try again, this morning when I tried to update it it keeps freezing at this prompt:

$>urpmi.addmedia main ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/mandrakelinux/devel/cooker/i586/media/main with media_info/synthesis.hdlist.cz added medium main 
write config file [/etc/urpmi/urpmi.cfg] 
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD1 (cdrom1).cz] 
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD2 (cdrom2).cz] 
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.Installation CD3 (cdrom3).cz] 
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-free.cz] 
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.plf-nonfree.cz] 
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.jpackage.cz]

I'm using 10.2beta3 I did a search through the forums and the mandrake bug tracker site and was unable to find anything like the problem I am having does any one know of a way I can fix it?

/sledged

[moved from Installing Mandrake by spinynorman]

Guest sledged
Sometimes it can take a long time at that stage with that many sources (sometimes on my 2.66 GHz machine it'll sit there for 5-10 minutes before going on). How long have you waited?

I think it was about 5 minutes I will give it another go and wait a bit longer :D

cheers Steve

/sledged