lynx and persistent cookies

Steve Scrimpshire

I have a problem with lynx not keeping my cookies. I've tried every switch I could think of to get it to keep them, but every new instance of lynx requires me to log in to sites I visit....this one for example.

At first, I thought well maybe the RPM was compiled without the ability to keep persistent cookies, so I installed from source. Still the same problem. What am I doing wrong? I've scoured the web to no avail.

Clarification: I've tried using several different combinations of -accept_all_cookies -cookie_file -cookie_save_file; changing /usr/lib/lynx/lynx.cfg, and changing /etc/lynx-site.cfg.

links saves my cookies just fine, but it doesn't have some of the features I like from lynx, like the -dump switch....yeah, I know it has -source, but -dump removes all the html tag garbage. I even tried lynx with lynx -cookie_file=~/.links/cookies but it just blanks out my file, never using the cookies that are in it.

Edited by Steve Scrimpshire