PowerBook G4

inflexion

we did some foolin aound on an old iMac destined for the recycling heap. We didn't have the original OS so we bunged on Yellow Dog - and the ol Mac now has a breath of new life in its circuit boards and its paltry 64MB RAM - KDE just eats up the resources.

Not the most straightforward of installations (we really are very spolilt with Mandrake!) but then again, it wasn't the most complex. We also had a couple of problematic download/burns adding to the fun.

We only did this last week (YD4 I think it is) and like I say it was really only an experiment - we don't have anything to upgrade it with, but it works and would make a decent MyFirstComputa, specially if we could get some more RAM.

As expected, it has all the esential stuff - but cos we don't have a connection in workshop, can't say what configuringn the in built modem is like.

Point is, even on junk, YD works, so I bet it just :drum::drum::drum: on a Powerbook.

Edited by ChrisM