changed to appropriate directory and did

./configure

then tried running

make

it gave me an error

saying that no target could be found

I repeated the process again and got yet another error message added on

saying that

"package atk was not found in the pkg-config search path - perhaps you should add the directory containing atk-pc to the PKG_CONFIG_PAH environment variable

No Package 'atk' found

So what do I do now

I need this version of evolution because I need to get all my data from my previous evolution on Fedora Core 3 and I tried using the evolution already on board but I guess this one is a version older than the one I was using previously.

thanks

bamboo

I am still a newbie

Moved from Software to Terminal Shell Commands, Kernel and Programming - Artificial Intelligence

you need to install the libatk devel package - it'll be called libatk-devel, or libatk1-devel or something like that. Use rpmdrake to search for it. However, building something as big as Evolution is likely to be a world of hurt. I'd suggest trying the hacky solutions first. Just copy the .evolution directory from your old system to your new one, and make sure it's owned by your new user. I copy .evolution directories around all the time, it's dirty but it works usually. If it doesn't, you can just rm -rf it. Which MDK do you use, and what version of Evolution does it have?

you need to install the libatk devel package - it'll be called libatk-devel, or libatk1-devel or something like that. Use rpmdrake to search for it. However, building something as big as Evolution is likely to be a world of hurt. I'd suggest trying the hacky solutions first. Just copy the .evolution directory from your old system to your new one, and make sure it's owned by your new user. I copy .evolution directories around all the time, it's dirty but it works usually. If it doesn't, you can just rm -rf it. Which MDK do you use, and what version of Evolution does it have?

will follow the libatk develp route because I want to feel good after compiling something :banana:

I am using Mandrake 10.1 Community Edition and have not been able to figure out which version of evolution is installed - I thought I would run it and check but have chickened out in case it does not read my past data files

will also try the .evolution method to see if that works

thanks

bamboo

I tried the instal of he libatk but now its showing that i need libhtml ..... which I don't have and is not on the Mdk DVD's

so I tried copying making sure the .evolution folder from my back ups - but that too does not work - now what

the evolution thats on the mdk 10.1 is 2.0.1 - I was using fedora Core 3 evolution and do not remember what it was

ONE FINAL question: was thinking of uninstalling evolution and reinstalling it - but I cannot find evolution on the package list in the dvd to instal

so what should I do now

regards

bamboo