problem configuring/running vmware

Guest Keyser

im running mandrake 10.1, stock kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk

i installed and configured vmware 4.5.2. during configuration, it asked for the kernel headers, and i pointed it to /usr/src/linux/include, and it seemed to go just fine, no errors or anything.

however when i try to start vmware, i get this message in a window (not console)

VMware Workstation is installed, but it has not been (correctly) configured for your running kernel. To (re-)configure it, your system administrator must find and run "vmware-config.pl".

ive searched both here and vmware forums, but havent found any useable solution. has anyone here seen this error and know how to fix it?

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

there's nothing to worry about guy. This is typical. Sign in as root, and type in "vmware-config.pl" and hit enter. You'll have to agree to the license agreement and then it'll ask you a few config questions about how you want your network setup (bridged, etc.) then after it'll tell you thank you for configuring. Then you can open up vmware by command line or by double clicking the executable file and use vmware.

funny thing is, it will ask you to run vmware-config.pl everytime you restart your computer. I've heard of a script to fix this, but I don't know it.