Help needed... again [solved]

New2MDK

Everytime I open "k3b" it just hands and hangs on the splash screen. After 5 minuutes of just hanging there, I terminate the program. However, anytime I reboot, "k3b" splash screen is there just hanging again. This time I have no way of terminating it, as my whole taskbar disappears. I try to kill the PID, but its not shown as running. Anyway, could someone help me to get rid of the process?

I was adjusting different settings within te KDE desktop configuration > lookNfeel, not sure what I hit, but it resulted in a crash:

KDE Panel (kicker) crashed and caused the signal 6 (SIGABRT).

(no debugging symbols found)...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

[New Thread 1095957440 (LWP 5883)]

(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...0xffffe410 in ?? ()

#0 0xffffe410 in ?? ()

#1 0xbfffd21c in ?? ()

#2 0x00000000 in ?? ()

#3 0x00000000 in ?? ()

#4 0x412e52b3 in __waitpid_nocancel () from /lib/tls/libpthread.so.0

#5 0x4078c80e in KCrash::defaultCrashHandler () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4

#6 <signal handler called>

#7 0xffffe410 in ?? ()

#8 0xbfffd520 in ?? ()

#9 0x00000006 in ?? ()

#10 0x000016fb in ?? ()

#11 0x41436805 in raise () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

#12 0x414381e9 in abort () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

#13 0x4142ff01 in __assert_fail () from /lib/tls/libc.so.6

#14 0x408927d0 in art_render_image_solid () from /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2

#15 0x408a1aa0 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2

#16 0x408a1b13 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2

#17 0x00000151 in ?? ()

#18 0x408a1a20 in ?? () from /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2

#19 0x40845ac4 in kde_malloc_is_used () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4

#20 0x00000000 in ?? ()

#21 0xbfffd6f0 in ?? ()

#22 0x40808fc3 in malloc () from /usr/lib/libkdecore.so.4

#23 0x4089179f in art_render_invoke_callbacks ()

from /usr/lib/libart_lgpl_2.so.2

I went to the following site bug reporting :help::help:

as per the crash splash screen, to report it. However, it had been reported before, but had no solution to it :screwy:

Can anyone help me with that? I would really appreciate it

Thank you

NEW2MDK

it sounds to me like a simple graphic/icon-related problem. i had this on other apps before when the app wanted to use icons that were not in the respective folder where they should have been. removing the config-files for the de (thus resetting the desktop to default settings) had always helped me.

Uh...did you solve it? If so, how? Thanks.

Sorry about that. I wouldn't say I solved it. I couldn't kill k3b's PID for some reason, everytime I did, it showed as still running and I could see it was because of the splash screen. The only thing I could think of, was to go into MCC through the terminal and uninstall that package. Then I rebooted and that bug never returned either, so I think its safe to assume that the bug came from k3b. I think.

Thx and sorry about that,

NEW2MDK

it sounds to me like a simple graphic/icon-related problem. i had this on other apps before when the app wanted to use icons that were not in the respective folder where they should have been. removing the config-files for the de (thus resetting the desktop to default settings) had always helped me.

arctic, this would happen anyway I would launch it, but every other time I was able to kill the PID and never got that bug error, I don't know why I did this last time.