Kmenu items in Home dir

DaveQB

My little problem is simply i have a folder for each Kmenu entry in my home directory. I delete them but they keep coming back.

Things like

Internet

Multimedia

More Applications

They contain links to launch the applications that would drop out as a menu had you gone to that folder in the Kmenu.

Anyone seen this ?? So damn annouying as it cluters up my home folder.

Thanx

Nope not that, Mandrake has its own menu system that try's to intergrate across Gnome/KDE et al..

unfortunately its a complete pain in the nether regions to me at least.

You have to forcibly tell it to use native KDE menu's in the control centre then you get control back...

long story..

The mandrake ones go across window managers..

The idea is you edit one and its reflected in other WM's ... like Gnome..

Unfortunbately everyone I know who uses more than one WM on a daily basis does so on say laptops to preserve resources.

KDE is quite heavy but efficient the more KDE stuff you use for instance so I try and use a KDE app when possible when using KDE..

If not Im usually using a lightweight WM like ICE or Ratpoision and the last thing I want is a heavy KDE app opening up...

To get rid of MDK menu's you do the Menu editor in MCC and choose the option use native menu's....

Now you should be able to edit them as you prefer....

There is a post somewhere with aussie_john and anna desribing this you should find on a search... but Im a bit busy to explain the whole thing until later!