Book: "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3"

Has anyone read and use the book "C++ GUI Programming with Qt 3 (Bruce Peren's Open Source)"?

I've been considering getting it. The documentation on QT that is installed with Mandrake PowerPack and the QT Designer is excellent. However, I'm wondering if having a book goes beyond that and would be beneficial.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks!

I d/l'd and read the thing. For a total noob who's never done any programming in C++ with the Qt libraries or without, I thought that it was extremely informative and useful.

It has TONS of example code and pretty much everything in the code is explained in depth. So I would recommend it to someone who wants to learn how to use the Qt libraries.

If you're already a total C++ guru and just need to get the syntax from the help files, then you could probably just get by with the Qt documentation.

so there you have it ... a letter opener.

Thanks!

I'm by no means a C++ guru, but I'm fairly comfortable and knowledgeable on the language. But it seems that the book will be a good tutorial/reference nonetheless.