updating to xorg 6.8.2

fangbite

I have an ATI Raedon 9200SE. It runs great in windoze, but has problems running under linux. I have Mandrake 10.1 OE installed and xorg 6.7 installed. Now heres the problem. The ATI drivers need xorg 6.8 not 6.7. Also, reading the release documents leads me to believe that xorg 6.8 has better drivers for my card (hopefully removing my problems). Thusly I went to download xorg 6.8.2. Great. I did it, however when I unzipped them, there was no configure file, no nothing. No instructions on how to install it, no patches to update 6.7 etc. Mandrake doesn't have the update. Is there anyway I can get xorg 6.8.2 installed on my system? I really hate having to do the mouse dance every boot up (the mouse dance is when i jiggle the mouse at a certain point in bootup in order for x to start, otherwise my monitor goes dead due to no input and i hear the startup music going, sometimes this doesn't even work).

Any help appreciated.