no longer recognizes eth0

Guest providence2010

Guest providence2010

I recently installed the new drivers for the linksys wpc 11 v3 pcmcia card. When I try to connect to my network I am unable to receive any signals and the card will not load on the next startup. When I'm in the driver config I select the drivers it suggests (Tekram Airmate...) and it uses the orinoco_cs drivers through that. I'm not used to setting up networks on linux so I am unsure if I configured everything else correctly. When configuring internet access in the mandrake control center it will not go beyond testing the network. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

(Update: It now recognizes the card and the card lights up and show activity, but only in the sense that the light for activity blinks at the exact same rate constantly, which seems fairly unusual. I am now having problems with the new connection wizard. When I try to enter in the host name, it will bring up an error box that says DNS server must be in format 1.2.3.4. I tried putting the gateway IP address in instead but it still brought up the same error. If it seems like this is a driver problem or that I simply shouldn't use the wizard, please give me help on configuring it otherwise.)

Edited by providence2010