Need help installing 10.1 on Dell Server

Guest waterwheel

Guest waterwheel

This is actuallly a request for a bit of consulting, getting my server set up with mandrake. (apologies to mods if I'm in the wrong place).

I have 10.1 installed on a Dell 1750. I need the following:

- kernel recompile

- check my existing production server and install anyything in terms of modules/configuration that's on the production server, onto this new machine.

- once I put the machine into production, move some IP's, my mail, and my websites from current production server to new server (i.e. I want to move most stuff other than one site from current server to this new one, with no interruption ). Will involve mysql, apache, bind, postfix.

- implement intrusion detection useable by me

- implement an automated backup/archive solution involving onsite hard drive and offsite backup server with dvd burner.

- implement raid monitoring.

In short, I want to move my website hosting, email, and bind from my current server on to this new server, but I want to build the system not clone my current system.

Happy to pay reasonable rates. If you can help me please PM me. or email glenn-at-glenn-dot-ca with your rates and a timeframe estimate. Thanks!

- kernel recompile

- check my existing production server and install anyything in terms of modules/configuration that's on the production server, onto this new machine.

I'll answer these 2 (well 1 1/2, the kerne configuration stuff). You can send €15 to any of the board administrators for board maintenace. :)

Install the kernel source, copy /boot/config from your old system to /usr/src/linux/.config (note: '. ') on your new system. Type make xconfig, save and exit. Type make bzImage && make modules && make modules_install. Type make install.

Have fun.