ATI Drivers installed!! but now I can't Logout

Guest dbueno

Well, I have finally figured out how to successfully install the ATI video drivers for my Radeon 9700 Pro after searching forums like this for days. Once I get them installed I CAN boot into KDE (I have it sent to auto-login, so I do not get the logon screen on bootup) and everything seems fine. But when I go to Logout -> end session, my session seems to exit fine but then drops to a blank screen (completely black) and does not respond to any keyboard commands.

I can reboot my computer, and get right back in to KDE. but since I share this computer that is really a pain.

It seems that there is a video mode change when ending a session, and that it is that change that is causing this problem, but I do not know where to look to fix it. I have check my XF86Config file and everything seems to be set correctly.

Any help would be GREATLY APPReCIATED thanks. :drum:

Edited by dbueno

• 2 weeks later...
Guest magus0216

I have a 9700 pro and have been looking for days to try to get my drivers installed. Please tell me what you did to get them finally working and I'll see if I get the same problem as you and what to do to fix it.