font aggro (again)

bigjohn

Sorry if this sounds like another unsearched/repeated post - it isn't!!!

I am trying to install the MSXP fonts. I did previously manage to get some of them from one of the rpms and stuff, that are floating around.

But, I have had other major snags with my adsl connection and have had to re-install a number of times, hence trying to get them back in again.

I have searched around and don't understand a fair bit of the advice, and as a result have managed to copy ALL the xp fonts to my /usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts directory, but when I select the kde look and feel section to try and change some of them to use the ms fonts, they do not appear in the box for selection.

My XP install is formatted as ntfs, and I understand that that can be a problem, so what should I do next to get the fonts actually installed on the system, as opposed to just copied to the abovementioned file/directory please???

regards

John

Oakey doakey,

Cancel the last post, I have found a link to sourceforge's instructions to install the true type fonts. which I have managed to follow (not quite sure how, or what it did) and have converted everything to "tahoma".

many thanks for the assist bvc

regards

john