Annoying clock problem

fuzzylizard

I am not really sure how to explain this little problem that I keep having so I am providing a screen capture of it.

clock.png

Has anyone else had this and how do you fix it? It is not a major bug, but it is an annoying one.

Thanks.

Good suggestions, let me expand on the problem though, 95% of the time the clock looks fine and fits in the required space without a problem, just everyonce in a while -- 5% of the time -- it looks like it does above. And I have yet to find a pattern.

I had the same problem on Red Hat 7.3 where I tried switching fonts and turning the bold on and off all to no avail. There was still that 5% of the time where it rendered the clock as above.

Is there anyway of explicitly setting the dimensions of the box that contains the clock?

As you say, not a major problem, but that would drive me nuts :evil:

I don't know an easy way to fix that, Im assuming that everything else on the screen is OK and all in line, fonts etc, just that damn clock, looks like you could almost scroll through time, OK not funny. Real shot in the dark here, and will probably do nothing. Try changing the time zone, and format (24hr instead of 12 ) to something different, GMT or EST etc, if that works, then change back, course it probably won't, but worth a 2 minute try.

I've had it happen... I usually just go into the settings... change it to digital and the back to normal, and it looks fine again.

At least I'm not the only one. For me, to get it back to normal all I do is click on the little bar to the left with the little up arrow at the top. (not sure what this is called but it allows one to move things around)

I've changed to 24 hour time, so we'll see if that helps.