Wlan stops working

Guest tahonen

Guest tahonen

Hello!

I'm new with Linux, but still I succesfully installed mdk 10.1 and wlan (DWL-650) as wlan0 with ndiswrapper (1.02) and latets WinXP drivers. Everything works fine except that wlan disconnects every once in while. When it disconnects I have to open KDE's network monitor and from the activate the card. After activation everything works fine.

ACPI is turned on in my machine, so can these be some power save stuff?

My machine is Dell Inspiron 5150.

thanks,

tero

Edited by tahonen

Guest neonflx

I have the same issue with my laptop using ndiswrapper and the broadcom driver i installed the drivers, all the parameter are ok, wlan0 is detected during boot and it works fine for a few minutes after booting i am able to browse the net and then all the sudden it just stalls and it does not work anymore any suggestions on what can be causing this, thanks.

Guest neonflx

tahonen

this is what i did that fix the issue for me, i went into the mandrake control center

click on boot then bootloader

i checked force no APIC and no local APIC also unchecked enable ACPI tho this last option may or may not have an effect but i personally don't care but now is working fine and it does not disconnect at all, hope this helps