Going from 9.1 to 10.1

Guest mroztoyou

Guest mroztoyou

OK-

I just got this new a705w HP 2.93 GHz CeleronD, 256 Mb, 64 Mb 845 intel video card, (upgrading that in a few days to a nVidia) for x-mas. Well anyways I loaded 9.1 the other day and it worked fine no problems on install but when I wanted to go to 10.1 no dice. I have tried every install method that I can think of from urpmi, to loading in text mode, apic=off, alt0, alt1, and I still get the same problem, it gets to "uncompressing Linux.. Ok booting Linux Kernel." Then right after that it just blinks and reboots. At first I thought it was something with Mdk but I tried Fedora 3 and I got the same problem. So if anybody out there can give me some advise on what to do that would be great.

Oz :help:

Do you mean through the urpmi??

No during the install. The most important thing that changed between 9.1 and 10.1 was going from a 2.4 kernel to 2.6. So if newer versions give problems try installing it with a 2.4 kernel. (hit f1 at the first screen and start the install with 'linux 2.4' (I think that is the command, not completely sure though, else look at the help))