USB 2.0, Mandrake 10.1, ASUS K8V SE Delux

xthaparian

I tried installing Mandrake 10.1 Official on my ASUS K8V SE Delux, which has Gigabyte LAN Card inbuilt and has AMD 64 Processor.

For some reason It wont install with USB 2.0 option Enabled in BIOS Settings. I was just wondering if there is a way around for that.

Moved from Software to Hardware - Artificial Intelligence

I tried installing Mandrake 10.1 Official on my ASUS K8V SE Delux, which has Gigabyte LAN Card inbuilt and has AMD 64 Processor.

For some reason It wont install with USB 2.0 option Enabled in BIOS Settings. I was just wondering if there is a way around for that.

I have a similar board with USB 2.0. I had to manually change the jumper on the board in order to enable USB 2.0.

Hope that helps.

Jeremy

What jumpers in the MOBO?

If you can explain, is it somewhere in Book for MOBO?

It was in my book that came with the MOBO. On mine, the jumpers were located just behind the upper and lower USB ports on the rear of it. That doesn't mean yours will be, and I wouldn't recommend randomly moving jumpers. If you don't have the book, I'm sure you can get it from the Asus web-site.

Good luck,

Jeremy