WMP54g problem

Guest jgarlic

Guest jgarlic

1) I've set up MDK 10.1 on my old desktop and I bought a wireless Linkysys WMP54g (before knowing much about the wireless issue in linux). I got it installed after a while using the newest NDISWrapper and it worked. The problem is that the connection is fine immediately after I boot it up, but then it degrades to about 2-10k/sec. very quickly and webpages take about 5-10 seconds to contact and load. I think maybe the connection just intermittently cuts out and comes back a lot? I can't find anything on this problem using google except maybe TCP Window Scaling (which I'll try to use tonight), but I seem to remember this computer had problems with a generic ethernet card about 3 years ago when it would cut the connection every hour or so, so I guess it could maybe be a PCI slot/motherboard problem?

2) If I can't figure it out soon and nobody has any solutions, I think I might buy a wireless card that's supported by Mandrake already and try it. Does anyone have any recommendations for a supported wireless card?

thanks

SYSTEM:

400mhz gateway

256 megs

mdk 10.1