kde not recognizing certain fonts

beesea

i logged into kde for the first time in several months and noticed that all of a sudden its not recognizing my windows true type fonts (i copied them over to linux). i don't have this problem with fluxbox or gnome. the fonts even show up in xfontsel and in drakfont. i also tried reinstalling the fonts, but to no success. anyone know how i can get kde to recognize these particular fonts? is there some kde font path i need to set?

tried that but it didn't work. i did however get it working. i was playing around with the order of directories in /etc/X11/fs/config and i also moved the fonts from /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont/ttf to fonts/winfonts. somehow doing one of those two things, or both, got kde recognizing my fonts again. i'm not sure why, but it works again. anyways, thanks for your help bvc

• 5 weeks later...

it happened again! i have no idea what causes this, but its really annoying. anyway, i tried doing what i did last time and everything else suggested last time this happened but nothing works. now i'm left with an opera (uses qt) that doesn't have windows fonts available to it. can anyone help?

i logged into kde for the first time in several months and noticed that all of a sudden its not recognizing my windows true type fonts (i copied them over to linux).

I'm not a expert at this, but I think that kde wants you to use the font installer in the MCC instead of just 'copying them over'.