MDK 10.1 DVD prompts Floppy on Thinkpad

digiital

Trying to install MDK 10.1 DVD on my T22 thinkpad(TP) and after I press ENTER to start the install it starts to prompt me for a floppy with something. What is this all about? Is there some files I need to have, so that I can install MDK on the TP?

Thanks

Edited by digiital

This may not be the case in your case, but it probably is. When I go to install the latest MDK on either my laptop or desktop, it brings up the 'Insert a floppy to install 3rd party drivers' prompt and I have to hit cancel several times to get it to stop annoying me. If you don't have an external firewire drive or something that needs 3rd party drivers that you know of, just hit Cancel and continue on.

Thanks, I bit the bullet and went ahead and tried the install yesterday and it went great. I have to say it was the least painful MDK install yet. On the laptop it prompted me what network connection I had, I said wireless, entered my info and BANG right away it was connected and I was good to go. Heck even the sound works!

The only problem is the fonts in away they look crappy. Will have to see if it's just me or if there is a fix for it.