Free Internet Service For Linux??

Guest gigahorsepower

Guest gigahorsepower

Bismillaah. Peace; While having much trouble trying to connect to the internet with Mandrake-Linux 8.2, I came across the following article during my search for an ISP: http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue54/betancourt.html

I would like to see a free internet service, for linux users. Free would be better, but I would subscribe to a Linux users internet service even at a nominal cost, at start up. Check out the above article to see if such Linux service is probable. Then contact the author. We can all work with this one, to bring it to fruition.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest gigahorsepower

Bismillaah. Peace; I had removed server & other networking packages due to several failed messages. After reinstallation everything went well until the next day when I tried to login. I received the following: starting NFS service [OK]

starting NFS mounted: cannot register service: RPC: unable to receive: erro=Connection refused

starting NFS daemon:-[FAILED] after this message there is a delay of 8-10 minutes after which there is a rapid list of info, some of which is:nfs ser failed; input output~ followed by about 13 failed messages, after which I am able to login. Everything works as expected after login.

From the time that I'd purchased this machine, [Oct. 2000] I had complained to IBM that it was being tampered with [wireless?]. What can be done to remedy this problem? I feel a bit more confidant about working with the networking system, and my winmodem troubles, but this interference is ridiculous. This could have legal recourse[Personal Abuse] but there must be another way. Any suggestions will be appreciated.