USB & Konqeror Hangups

Yankee

After inserting a USB device, my jumpdrive or Fuji digital camera Konqeror no longer opens and you cannot open a file browser such as clicking the home icon on the desktop. I have seen lots of people with this problem. Most say install all the updates to fix it. It seems to me there is an easier way than a 514 MB update.

I have found a good workaround for the Konqeror lockups after using a USB

device. I don't know why exactly this works but it does. Right click the desktop, select configure desktop, and click behavior, then to the device icons tab. Uncheck show device icons. It seems while trying to display the icon for the USB device it hangs. I then browse to the /mnt/camera or /mnt/removable to access the device. No hangs!

It would be nice to fix this where everything works right. I'll keep on it and any help would be appreciated. But this way at least you can browse files and the web to try and find an answer.

Yankee

After inserting a USB device, my jumpdrive or Fuji digital camera Konqeror no longer opens and you cannot open a file browser such as clicking the home icon on the desktop.  I have seen lots of people with this problem.  Most say install all the updates to fix it.  It seems to me there is an easier way than a 514 MB update.

I have found a good workaround for the Konqeror lockups after using a USB

device.  I don't know why exactly this works but it does.  Right click the desktop, select configure desktop, and click behavior, then to the device icons tab.  Uncheck show device icons.  It seems while trying to display the icon for the USB device it hangs.  I then browse to the /mnt/camera or /mnt/removable to access the device.  No hangs!

It would be nice to fix this where everything works right.  I'll keep on it and any help would be appreciated.  But this way at least you can browse files and the web to try and find an answer.

Yankee

Sorry I blew it, first time posting on any forum.

I have the same problem, on 5 different computers, there were no problems with 10.1 Com. I will try your workaround as soon as I get home, am at the local college using Mandrake Move;-) (When you are stuck with a 56k connection it limits downloads somwhat :-( ).

Edited by padda