URPMI update fails for 10.1 official [SOLVED]

richie

Hi

I am running 10.1 official, I did at the command line urpmi urpmi to update urpmi and I got this,

$urpmi urpmi

Some package requested cannot be installed:

urpmi-4.5-29.1.101mdk.noarch (due to unsatisfied perl-URPM[*][>= 1.03-2mdk])

Suggests I should install perl-URPM-1.03-2mdk.noarch, but I can't find it anywhere. I have the original perl-URPM from installation, version, perl-URPM-1.03-1mdk

Please could someone with 10.1 official gives this a go (urpmi urpmi) and see if the same error. Or if it does install without an error what version of perl-URPM you are running. The cooker does have a higher version, but I'm trying to avoid using cooker rpm's on this particular pc.

thanks

Rich

Probably the mirror isn't having all the packages. Try another (remove 'update' from your 'media', and then update again, you will get a list with mirrors. Choose another)

Tried 5 different mirrors, across different countries, it is not there. Could it be possibly missed? Who should know at Mandrake, seems a bit too much to raise a bug report.

Rich

Edited by richie

Uhmm - something "related" today on 10.1 official - doing the daily update like so: - has anyone else noticed this?

urpmi.update -a

urpmi --update --auto-select

To satisfy dependencies, the following 2 packages are going to be installed (3 MB):

perl-URPM-1.03-2mdk.i586
urpmi-4.5-29.1.101mdk.noarch

Is this OK? (Y/n) y

The following packages have bad signatures:

/var/cache/urpmi/rpms/perl-URPM-1.03-2mdk.i586.rpm: Invalid signature ((SHA1) DS               A sha1 md5 gpg GPG#22458a98 NOT OK)

Do you want to continue installation ? (y/N) n

Edited by Rainer

In *that* case it's fine, as it's just signed with the wrong key (security team), but DragonMage's advice is not good. The whole *point* of having signed packages is to verify that they are the packages created by MDKsoft. This is vital, since packages are hosted on public sites which could potentially be compromised. Keys are the only way to ensure the packages you're downloading are the correct ones. You should under no circumstances install a package purporting to be an official Mandrake package but signed with no key, or a non-Mandrake key.