OpenOffice Calc will not save [solved]

Borys

Hello!

I'm having a very strange problem with OpenOffice Calc. I cannot save any spreadsheets. The program then freezes and I have to kill it with Process Table (or with CTRL-C, if I'm running it from terminal) -- and the data are lost. The same thing happens if it does an auto-save. The strange thing is that it worked just fine till today, and I didn't change any configuration settings (OpenOffice- or system-related) lately. I tried to run it from terminal, but I do not get any error messages. As said, the program just freezes and I have to kill it.

Other components of OpenOffice (Writer, etc.) work just fine. I have a Polish edition of OO, but I do not think it has anything to do with the problem, because everything worked fine since August -- until now.

Could anybody give me some hints? Of course, I could reinstall OO, but I don't want to do it, since the problem can repeat itself sooner or later anyway.

Thanks

Borys

To test if it really is not a configuration issue run the rpogram as root and try to save something. If that works it is a config issue, if not it is something else, probably something that is conflicting wit oocalc. Try rebooting X, try shutting down as many other programs possible.....

Good luck.