UT 2003 on ATI card

Guest pinecone

Guest pinecone

I know the game doesnt need the texture compression which was supposedly the reason it wont work on ATI cards, but I read a press release about the patch and the guy said they didnt actually have any non-nvidia cards to test it with and it.

I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet and if it works good.

Also, is it right that you buy one version and it will work on both Windows and Linux?

I can only speak for one half of your question as I only have Nvidia cards.

Yes, if you buy one copy, it will work with both Windows and Linux. Bonus is that you get the Linux installer on the CD. You do have to update it in order to play single player in Linux (I did at least) but it works great for me in both OS's

It worked great for me right out of the box (NVIDIA card). The only thing that might throw you for a loop is that the installer seems to access my floppy drives for every file it copies off of the CD during installation. Don't mind this though, the installation works fine. Oh, you may have to disable supermount before installing it. I have supermount disabled by default so I don't know what nastiness it would invoke if it were enabled.

Glitz.

Guest Bigsky30

I can vouch this game will work with the latest ATI linux drivers (not the DRI versions) I have a Radeon 9000 128mb card that does UT2003 great in MDK9 the ATI drivers are on on the ATI support site and are actually easier than the nvidia drivers IMHO simply install the kernel version independent .rpm file and it auto-compiles and installs the driver module then run the config tool "fglrxconfig" as root to generate a proper XF86Config-4 before rebooting

Guest pinecone

Those new ATI drivers only work for the new cards though, right? I am using a laptop with a mobility radeon which is basically a radeon 7000 i think. If i picked out my laptop i would have done better, but i got it free. It will be fine until i get a new desktop i guess, but I really want UT2003 to work for me. I will check if any of my friends have the game and borrow their CD just to see if it works and if it does I'll go buy it.