URPMI wishlist

yr2alex

This is in no way, shape, or form an indictment against Mandrake. To set the record straight let me go on record by stating that since 8.2, Mandrake has been by and by the rpm based distro of choice for me. Nevertheless, if I had a particular wish for an improvement it would be for URPMI to install from source packages and resolve it's dependencies as effectively as it does for rpm packages.

I'm curious, what's on your wish list????

P.S. I do apologize if this has been the topic of previous discussion

Moved from Software forum to Everything Linux forum - Artificial Intelligence

Guest Adriano

[ballmer-mode=on]repositories, repositories, repositories, repositories[/ballmer-mode]

Seriously, if Mandrake had the reps Debian has, or something similar at least, instead of having to install them by hand, one of the biggest arguments for the debian crowd would be gone, I could shut some friends I know up, and the world in general would be a much nicer place.

/me hugs pacman, abs and makepkg

I was thinking about giving gentoo a try, (I imagine the stability of a source based and managed linux os) I have also heard nothing but good things about Arch Linux -but if I had myway I would love to see URPMI install from source and resolve deps as well as it does for rpm pkgs. Hey I am allowed to dream, right?