10.0 OE Install Error = no hdlist found

kallsen

I have three servers running mandrake 10 OE. I am attempting to install 10.1 from burned iso cds. The cd's worked fine in upgrading a 10.1 CE to 10.1 OE, so I know the CD is not the issue.

When I run the install on the mdk 10 CE the install produce an error shortly after the install program tells me it is searching rpm database. The error is "hdlist not found".

I search for hdlist on the HD and found four of them under /var/lib/urpmi/. These are not the original hdlist as I have updated them with easy URPMI.

Solutions? Should I update the URPMI's again with a different FTP location? Should I URPMI the orginal CD's? How do I URPMI the orginal CD's?

HELP?

:thanks:

Kevin

Something does not add up. First, did you perform an upgrade with the installer or thru MCC? MCC could have performed an upgrade without a proper burn, e.g., unpacked iso's. But, when attempting an install, it would not work. Did you burn correctly? Did you upgrade with the installer or urpmi?

Did you burn correctly? Did you upgrade with the installer or urpmi?

I tried to upgrade by rebooting and using the installer. When I got the error I canceled the install and log onto the old sysem (mdk 10.0 OE) and found the correct hdlist files where they were supposed to be. I then rebooted and got the same error when I reached the "searching rpm database" section of the install.

Well, it just seems like a bad burn or bad download. The other possibility is that, if the disks have worked in other machines, there may be an issue with the cdrom device. The installer is very sensative to hardware or software issues. It is in fact the weakest part of Mandrake's distro.