ML 10 / W2k dual boot

Trio3b

Newbie has been reading FAQ's, posts and tutorials for several days now and decided to try dual boot, which seemed to go without a hitch. Read Static's post on dual install on same HD and created three partitions on 17gb HD. 9gb for W2k (NTSF), 4gb (FAT32) for files and left final 4 gb unpartitioned and unformatted. I did not do custom partitioning during the ML 10 install and selected "setup ML 10 on free space". Also read many articles about creating a floppy and booting into repair and reassigning LILO to MBR etc.... I did none of this and the LILO graphic comes up and lets me choose Linux or Windows. What were all the complicated procedures about and/or am I missing something and just don't know it yet? At this point, the whole install seems to have gone smoothly.

Thanks for any enlightenment

Edited by Trio3b

Mandrake got it right didn't it ???.

If everything is operating AOK, then that is what you want. Do not accept the Microsoft doctrine that if everything works OK then you must have done something incorrectly somewhere.

In the Linux world if it works OK, then you have done it all right (even if you don't know what you did. :D :D :D )

Now you have it working, you can now learn how it all works but do so with a usable system.

Beats Windows doesn't it. (I do agree that Win2000 beats the hell out of XPloit and Microsoft knows it, that is why they charge more for W2000 than for XP. Talk about liars and cheats.)

Enjoy your new OS and have fun .

Cheers. John.