Mdk10.1 Official freezes during installation

RND

Sounds much like the issues I had installing 10.0. You didn't post the version of your motherboard. I suggest you take a look for a new bios. There should be one available that updates the sil raid bios and adds Sempron(cpu) support . Abit had one for my NF7-s and it worked wonders, I was able to install 10.1 Official from the dvd in 25 min no flags or bios changes needed.

It's a major update so you should clear the cmos after flashing whether by the windows flash utility or floppy.

ahh, sorry your board uses a different sata controller Marvell 88i8030 chip not a Silicon Image 3112. For me a newer sata bios version fixed my installation problems.

Perhaps looking around http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/ either under the dfi section or the linux section you'll find some answers. If you post I'm sure someone will give you an answer they are pretty helpful there. I'm not familiar with your board to really give you better advice than you've already gotten here.

Edited by DarkFoss