Stuck on the Summary Installation Screen for 10.0

Guest projectWD

Guest projectWD

Do not know what I did wrong, my Mandrake 10.0 installation went on smoothly until I reached the summary screen stage. It seemed like I cannot scroll to the bottom part of the screen to select the "commit" button. I can use the tab key

until its in an unknown position and then hit the enter key. This will get me to the next screen with message like choose which services should be automatically started at boot time and here the tab key or the mouse will not get me anywhere

else. Please help and Thanks

Sounds like fun! Can you verify that the video settings are correct for your card/screen? I think that is towards the top of the summary.

on the services page, can you just hit enter? (silly question I know, but I doubt you can based upon your description.) i agree, try to make sure your video settings are correct. if that doesn't work, perhaps you should check out the text-based install and/or hardware compatibility issues. are these new cd burns? either way did you check the md5sum of your images and/or the condition of the cd's? it may be worth it to try to install elsewhere and see if the cd's work. if it's hardware, giving 10.1 a shot could only be worthwhile since newer hardware should be supported consequently.

hope these ideas help. at the install screen there's really not alot you can do.

Guest projectWD

Thanks a lot , both the reply did help ,as it has something to do with my video setting. I try reinstall again, this time instead of using the default video setting, I select the 1024 x ... and this time I can see and click on the "OK" button and installation is successfully . I hope this is where the fun begin. Actually, before I

reinstall , I did managed to complete the "stucked" install by hittin tab and then enter key at least 3 time. BUt before I try tab and then enter key, I also try hitting all combination of keys on the keybaord and I might have mess up the configuration somehow, as I cannot logon either to root or the user that I create even though I write down the password when I created them and I try both upper and lower case. Thanks again for helping me out.