isdnctrl dials when i hang up

hea

When trying to shut down my connection to ISP i execute: /sbin/isdnctrl hangup ippp0 . This used to work but lately when monitoring the log file i see that the hangup command trigers a new dial sequence. Strange. Any ideas? I have a billion ISDN card which appear to work fine and i havent done anything as far as i know that should affect the isdn settings.

It sounds like a hangup initiates a redial which is a checkable box in KPPP for dialup or from a script. Try to find the script and see if it is doing the same thing. If it is not completing a connection leaving your machine exposed, I'm not sure I'd be to concerned about it as anything that needs an immediate solution giving you time to check out the availabale information at Google Advanced and http://www.tldp.org . Also, if you turn your machine off at night or at other times when you are not using it, then that would obviously end any possible problems. It would be a higher priority if you operate 24/7.

Counterspy

how is the dialmode set?

[root@localhost ~]# isdnctrl dialmode ippp0

Dial mode for ippp0: manual

Check out that it is not in "auto" mode (in "auto" whatever outgoing package can restart the connection)

If that was the problem you'll need to change it back to "manual" through your isdn configurator, the config file "/etc/isdn/profile/link/myisp", or the particular script that initalizes your ippp interface (sorry, but I can't be more accurate since I initialize my interface through a self-made dedicated script).

If matters, the command that sets the manual dialmode is:

isdnctrl dialmode ippp0 manual

What can i say other than thanks alot for your answers! I had "auto" mode and it has probably been like this since i configurated the isdn connection in september. I have now edited the "myisp" file to "manual" and things seems to work.

Thanks!