samba and 9.0 final

I think its a good bet that shorewall could be blocking that. I couldn't even connect to the internet on my first boot into MDK9. I had to disable the firewall to do that.

Try disabling it and see what happens.

You have never offended me, your post on this topic was full ( as you said in your second post ) of spelling mistakes, which seem to have dissapeared in subsequent posts very quickly, i took it to be Liverpudlian humour, of which im familiar with. If im wrong, then im sorry.

Anon, sorry, for being a scoucer (carming down), disabled smothwall, still no joy, any other idear's before, 8.2 goes back on and I wait for 9.1, inter-operating with windows, is essential , at home and work so I'm a bit f@#$ed cause I like the majority of 9.0,

Rickles, did you manually configure samba.conf from localhost:901? I had to do that as the control center got me nowhere? I, too have had samba and cups configuration problems with 9.0 that I never had with 8.1 and 8.2 (still don't have printing going, my printer's on a Win xp system on my LAN).