New ISP, new broadband, new modem

kmc77

Over the last year, I have posted on this topic twice, but no one seems able to help. The only suggestion is that maybe the problem is ISP side.

Well here I am again - I have changed ISPs with no luck.

Here's my problem. Any time I have any amount of BW being taken by uploads (eg. Bittorrent file with 10k down and 2k up), all internet related apps (web browsing, email, etc.) slow way down (like 14.4k slow). Doesn't matter how large or small my upload speed is.

I have moved from a DSL connection (fairly speedy) to a cable connection (2M download / 500K upload) - New ISP, new type of connection, new modem, new speed - same problem.

Anyone have a clue as to what this might be? Or even how I can trouble shoot it?

Any help would be appreciated.

No collision errors. Cables have been replaced. I'll rip a nic out of one of my other computers and test.

Upload and download speeds are fine (at the same time) for whatever app I'm running (limewire, bittorent, overnet, FTP, etc.). However, if I try to use any other internet accessing program, I get the slowdown on the new app, but the original app continues working without problems.