Kmail

ChrisM

After some problems with Thuunderbird, I have today decided to give KMail a whirl.

I've created my 2 email accounts OK. All my folders have downloaded OK. One is a POP account the other is IMAP.

The IMAP is my default account. The problem i'm facing is that once I log in, I want to view the contents of my various folders - I have to put in my password before I'm allowed ot view my folders contents.

I don't mind putting in pswd to log in and download at the start of every session, but where do I tell KMail to stop asking me for pswd everytime I want to look at my folders during a session?

I've looked around the various options in the toolbar, but can't see anything that would appear to work, I've told it not to use SSL but this doesn't work either.

I'm using MDK 9.2

Cheers.

Edited by ChrisM

i'm not at the Linux box right now, but there is an option to store your password in the "configure kmail" tool. i think it's in the user accounts (sending/receiving) somewhere. poke around & look for a setting that lets you to enter your e-mail account password & save it for auto login, or something to that effect. if nobody gives you the exact instructions, i'll do so when i get home tonight & can look at it.

Chris

In KMAIL...........> Configure Kmail ................> Network ...........> Receiving ..............> "Highlight your account" .............>General. There you will see an item titled "Store POP Password in configuration file" , place a check mark in it and click OK.

Cheers. John.

thanks AussieJohn. i sorta forgot about this thread. but, i see ChrisM hasn't responded, so maybe he either figured it out or gave up on it.

[minor rant]

(hint, hint.......... please mark your threads SOLVED or RESOLVED if your problem has been solved!)

[/minor rant]

Chris

Edited by chris z

Thanks AussieJohn and chris z

I've followed AussieJohn's advise and it seems to have done the trick.

I'd not worked it out nor forgotten about it - I ended up being bogged down installing mdk9.2 on an old box - but its got a real problem with updating. (I ended up trying out 10CE/SuSE/Xandros - came back and re installed the 9.2 this morning, even with its irritation of screwing up after updating :wall: )

Thanks again :thanks: and hope I've not offended too much

Thanks again :thanks: and hope I've not offended too much

not offended at all. just a pet peeve of mine & i'm cranky this morn.

thank YOU for responding & posting this RESOLVED.

:beer:

Chris :thanks: