gnome-panel in kde

Floyd

i have been using "gnome-panel" and "kicker" in kde with mandrake 9.0 9.1 9.2 without any trouble, using "kicker" bottom position and "gnome-panel" orientation top ". however since 10.0 cooker through 10official download edition i have encountered a small inconvenience. After loading kde the gnome-panel is placed below the top of my screen. i can drag the panel to the left, right or bottom then place it all the way to the top, "small inconveneince". The placement is only incorrect for "top orientation". Bottom,left right,and floating each appear where i would expect them to. i have had the same trouble on 4 boxes using several different kernels and different versions of kde and gnome. Logging into gnome both "gnome-panel" and "kicker" placement is correct. i don't know where to begin. :help:

Edited by Floyd

Weird.  It shouldn't do that then.

But again, why kicker and gnome-panel?  Couldn't you just as easily run kicker with some child panels?

Why kicker and gnome-panel ? i like workspace switcher better than pager . With clocks in gnome panel i can change preferences for mutiple clocks ie. utc 24 hour for one. Local time 12 hour for another . something i could not do with clock in kde kicker.

I see what you mean Floyd, about the limitations of the KDE Clock. I was able to set up a second clock for example to New York time but cannot set it for 24hr time or alternatively add AM or PM to the clock so as to readily tell if it was AM or PM there. At home in Australia I do not need that since I only need to glance my surroundings.

In ......Country.......Region............Language.... I have my local time set for AM/PM so it also does that with every other clock even though those clocks can have different locale times. And also there is no way to tell which time is for what region. Yes of course one can make each one look visually different but then you still have to remember which is which.

I will try out your idea and see if it suits me too.

Thanks and cheers. John.