NDIS Wrapper Help

Guest carlwill

Guest carlwill

I am new here and my first thing I did was a search but it seems that I need a little bit more help.

I see many people already have the NDIS Wrapper installed but can't get it working. My issue is that I just installed Mandrake 10 on my HP zd5000 notebook.

It has a broadcom extreme wireless G adapater & I have no idea where to get this NDIS Wrapper and how to configure this? What would be my first step in trying to get thiw wireless card working?

Thanks for any info.

actually its much easier if you just urpmi the ndiswrapper rpm, then run it. You need to have the windows XP drivers available (I have a D-Link card which uses the Realtek 8180L chips) and you pretty much get instructions in the console. Just a matter if something like ndiswrapper -i [path to xp .inf file].

Granted it doesnt start at boot, but you can put a line at the end of the rc.local file to bring it up. I did have an issue with getting dhcp to work (cant remember), but the installation itself was about as easy as it gets (for linux).

Good resource with install how-to is to google ndiswrapper.

Robert

• 4 weeks later...

frosterrj, you and i have the same wireless nic. it works well under linux. here's a good link that helped me out:

http://www.linuxelectrons.com/article.php/20040507104718960

Hope this helps. It did for me. The ndiswrapper stuff can be found at sourceforge.net