Installing KAV anti virus.

Pepse

Now there is something that ain't right on my end. Like I said, when I go to MCC then to updates I don't get any choices as to what mirror it uses. It searches for a mirror and (hopefully) udates my requests.

If using partimage has to do with saving my updates then it makes sense. Otherwise it doesn't seem necessary to me.

I am thinking that some of my probs might be caused by a possible bad copy of MDK 9.0 that a friend downloaded from place on the 'net; like Winmx or similar. I can't use the 3rd CD as I get some kind of error. And I am getting nowhere with Mandrake as to why I haven't received my pre-ordered copy of MDK 9.0. They don't return my calls or emails.

Later. Pepse.

Pepse

then you need to go to mcc and click on the very right one the sources manager

you can remove your update source or add, I keep it simple so I choose to remove the current one and add a new source ciick on update and some prompts to get to the mirror list.

I recommend you choose France but as you don't mention your locale feel free to do whatever you like.

It does take a while on dial up to add the source so please give it up to 15 mins b4 getting impatient.

On Ice Window Manager I have a nice little download/upload applet showing my net usage others may use monitors like gkrellm which is on your cd.

gurpmi and urpmi and mdkonline just had updates and today the check was miles faster so hopefully this will assist your time probs.

For what it's worth I'm from Wisconsin, US. And when looking at MDKs site for downloading MDK 9.0 there are 2 mirrors in Wisc., that I could use. So, maybe the update site has the same mirrors. As for your little applet, I have a big applet showing me the download/upload status. The only reason I have it is because when I switched to an internal modem my regular internet connection quit working and I use a terminal and net_monitor to connect. I would like to keep that applet but the dialup is noisy and I don't think I can change the volume on it unless I can go elsewhere in root. I will look into your suggestion and see what happens.

Thanx. Later. Pepse.