cut/copy-paste issues

a13x

cannonfodder

I use: Ctrl +C (or X) and then Ctrl + P.

bvc

are you going to recode netscape?

I know some C++ :P I just need to learn the advanced stuff after OOP. Now really, if I were an advanced C++ programmer I would have tried to recode Netscape.

Of course I'm in GNOME. I told you I switched to GNOME and I'm no longer using KDE.

And btw I'm going to try that update you suggested. The thing is, I've been busy lately.

Edited by a13x

Gotcha ! It happened to the GNOME master as well :cheeky: It's obviously GNOME's fault and not Netscape. I'll still be using GNOME because it looks so damn good (moded). Maybe KDE is a little more functional & easy to configure but I'm not going to dump GNOME because of this bug, that will get fixed .... hopefully.

Gotcha ! It happened to the GNOME master as well  :cheeky: It's obviously GNOME's fault and not Netscape. I'll still be using GNOME because it looks so damn good (moded). Maybe KDE is a little more functional & easy to configure but I'm not going to dump GNOME because of this bug, that will get fixed .... hopefully.

hardly a gnome master (i know you were kidding)

and it's not a bug.....just a lack of features/functionality

Why don't you do things Linux/Unix way? It has always been that highlighting a text string puts it in a clipboard, and pasting is done by middle click. Works in any DE. Even if you use a wheel mouse, the wheel can (and should!) be setup to emulate the middle button.

not in gnome, IF, you close the window you pasted from. Imagine..... the clipboard has greatly improved since gnome2.4...now, image what gnome 1.4 was like :cheeky:

Why don't you do things Linux/Unix way? It has always been that highlighting a text string puts it in a clipboard, and pasting is done by middle click. Works in any DE. Even if you use a wheel mouse, the wheel can (and should!) be setup to emulate the middle button.

not in gnome, IF, you close the window you pasted from. Imagine..... the clipboard has greatly improved since gnome2.4...now, image what gnome 1.4 was like :cheeky:

Who closes applications they work with anyway!? :lol2: My cut and paste habits were formed when I was using twm on Sparc 4. Ctrl+here and Ctrl+there, that reminds me of soM$ething...