Setting up for two ISPs

payasam

I have just installed 10.0 Official, download version. I have a GCC external modem which is recognised. I am, however, unable to set up connections to my two ISPs. If I set up a connection to A, it works, but if I then add one to B, it is made as a copy of the first and over-writes it. I need two ISPs as neither is particularly reliable; and changing the set-up each time is a chore. I have not had this difficulty in Windows or in Linspire.

are both of your isp on the same line?

Use the same modem?

Are you using kppp?

I had problems once when I was switching over from dial-up to dsl and I had both modems on the same line.

I have found that sometimes it helps to restart atleast with internal systems before you change anything else.

If you are using kppp, you can set up two profiles or accounts (I think that is what they are called in kppp) with different dial numbers, logins, and passwords.

If you are using an external dsl modem, I don't know very much about them except it seemed easier to go into MCC and configure the both your ethernet card and you adsl set-up.

Thanks, Kilimanjaro. Minutes after I posted my cry for help, I found on the Net that a fellow called KPPP deals with these things. I put a link to him on the desktop and configured both connections. Now I can choose which I want. It was childishly simple and I have no idea why Mandrake does not even mention this, leave alone put it in its set-up as Linspire does.