Display adapter?

Guest glaston

Guest glaston

I have MDK9, and have a Win2000 Pro installation inside a virual machine via VMware. It won't recognize my display apapter though. It only gives me 640x480 res, and I can't find anywhere that says that VMware has it's own display adapter the way it does a network adapter. And searching the system for drivers doesn't yeild any results. it won't even give me any indication of what display adapter it has. I try to install the correct display drivers for my card, and at the end of installation it tells me that it failed to install any 3D Labs drivers. Any suggestions?

First, install the VMWare tool. I think you have start your virtual machine and then clic settings and select vmware tool install. This will permits you to have better resolution. I run my VM in 1024x768.

Then, you have to forget about 3d stuff in vmware. This is not done for that. If you want to run 3d app that don't have their equivalent in linux, boot windows.

Hope this help

MOttS

Guest glaston

Yeah I don't care about 3D apps or anything. I just want to get my virtual machine to run as yours does. In 1024x768. Not for games or 3D. For general purpose Windows use. My card just happens to be a 3D Labs card.

I tried to install the VMware tools, but it doesn't actually do it I don't think. After I tried the install, the settings menu says 'cancal VMware tools install' but never actually installs. Unless it takes 20 minutes for it to install and I didn't give it enough time. :?

It won't let me set Windows to anything but 16 colors, and nothing more than 640x480 resolution. When I try to change it, it doesn't do anything.

It's definitively a 'VMWare tools' problem. I remember when I first installed VMware that it was in 16 colors 'till I installed the tools. Maybe there is a problem with your kind of video card. You may check their web site for that...

MOttS