Orinoco silver not talkin

Guest LinuxStudent

Guest LinuxStudent

I have installed an orinoco silver wireless card using the orinoco_cs driver on my linux computer (ad-hoc mode). I have the same card working on a windows computer.

When i call iwconfig on my linux box, it detects the essid and freguency/channel of the windows pc which seems to be fine, but it will not allow the two cards to ping each other, it mereley times out. Also, i cannot change the bit rate of my linux card in iwconfig, it is stuck at 2M. What do i need to do to get these blasted cards talkin to one another properly. I am a relative beginner and have been reading everything on the net, to no avail, please help me,

Ian

Knowing absolutly nothing about this topic, I assume you looked at the two Linux files on this web site http://www.orinocowireless.com/template.ht...tml?section=m57. Confronted with an issue like this I would be inclined to try another type of wireless device and see what happens. If you can get the Linux box to respond but not the Windows box or vice versa, you are part way home. How are you loading the driver? Is it a kernel module installed at boot time? Is there a way of monitoring the traffic between the two computers? Have you looked at the log files to see if there is a clue there? In an ideal situation, what would the settings be between two Windows machine? Why is this site http://wireless.utk.edu/connected.html not supporting desktops? These may seem like idle questions but what I'm looking for here are search terms that may not be readily apparent. At the risk of really complicating the situation, use the search term "linux wireless" in Google Advanced set to return 100 responses. Also post your question in the two wireless newsgroups where you will find more knowledgeable people. (alt internet.wireless and comp std.wireless).

Counterspy