installer is slow as a snail on a hot day

Guest painkillah

Guest painkillah

well, trying to install mandrake 10 community second time (first time was all great - only few pc stalls in the end when canceling the 4th cd request), but the preinstall choices make me worried. the time between the choices varie from 5 minute to 20 (!) minutes. so getting to the installing part takes about an hour time (and, when asking the 4th cd , i press cancel, the pc freezes and i have to install over again (that means another hour of waiting)

for information

im installing from 3 mandrake 10 comm cds

the cds are ok, no scratches

cd drive is Liteon 52/32/52 , its ok in windows too (no problems)

mobo abit nf7-s - no probs under windows or elswhere

hitachi deskstar 80gb /7200/2mb cache/ata - no probs

and finally 2 sticks of (adata?) 256 mb of ddram in dual mode.

as i said, first time ( june 2004) i installed mandrake 10 it was all ok, only 2 time stalls in the end ( i got rid of it on the fourth time)

im reccomended to any solutions that might help...

painkillah

Guest painkillah

okay got rid of the slowiness problem by unplugging all the usb shit (mouse included) , just to be sure id didnt plug the mouse in at all. :afro:

but now new problems came to the surface. when installing it freezez the pc so only reset helps, and at random places ( so the cd cant be broken ?) . this shit is on my nerves, tried 3 times and still freezes at random places. help pleasee :help:

Guest painkillah

once again the phrase " us the f*cking search" worked for me. :thanks:

i got the things working nicely. but i wonder ehy did usb dviced make the intsall so slow, and why did the install crash all the time (without that command), first time i installed mandrake10 (in june) i had usb mouse connected and my other things as well (joystick, scanner) and then the install went nicely?

but anyways :thanks:

now im diving into the wonderful world of linux and mandrake :afro: