MDK 10

knight40

I have already installed MDK 10 previous.

Had afew corrupted files from previous incomplete bootups so I wanted to reinstall MDK 10.

Windows on first partition, MDK 10 on second.

I keep getting errors on auto allocate for MDK 10 for the second partition.

I tried manual allocate for mdk etc.

I tried everything including, fdisk and wipe out second partition, defragment pc, add secondpartition through windows fdisk, etc

Keeps telling me drive is too fragmented for MDK 10 to read on fresh install.

Makes no sense

I don't want to wipe out windows to reinstall mdk 10, 40 gig drive previous split for win/mdk is 20 gig and 20 gig.

Any workaround for this?

I defragmented entire drive.

I think MDk needs to work on this from happeneing inthe future.

I shoul dbe able to do a simple clean reinstall without getting defragmented drive and file errors>

Thanks in advance.

I have mdk 10 on secodn pc also that one work fine.

If you add a partitoin through windows, it will try to hang on to it for dear life. It is better to leave parts of the drive unformatted so that windows will not try to claim it. You are dealing with windows errors, and not a linux problem. Linux cannot fix windows in its inability to function with other os's.

Go back to windows, remove the partition, and leave it unformatted. Reboot to windows so that you are sure it is not seeing the empty space. Then do your linux install.

If you add a partitoin through windows, it will try to hang on to it for dear life. It is better to leave parts of the drive unformatted so that windows will not try to claim it. You are dealing with windows errors, and not a linux problem. Linux cannot fix windows in its inability to function with other os's.

Go back to windows, remove the partition, and leave it unformatted. Reboot to windows so that you are sure it is not seeing the empty space. Then do your linux install.

I tried that previously.

However, I tried this again, and this time instead of enabling large disk support, I selected NO instead of yes.

Tha seemed to do the trick on the reinstall with the old partition deleted.

I was then able to go in and MDK 10 auto allocated the tables, just make sure you deselect windows for MDK 10 format option as you want windows intact.

Not exactly sure why that would make a difference as the first install it auto allocated the free windows space for MDK 10, and used large disk support enabled.

Strange.

Tux racer is still sluggish playing as is Chromium, could this be a graphics problem?

What would cause soem games to be sluggish and not responding and others to play normal? can the games be reinstalled or os their a fix for the games?

thanks in advance.