MandrakeMove issue

quartz01

i downloaded MandrakeMove on a computer with winXP and i have winXp on my own computer for right now. when i started up my computer i tryed to open it with winXP and this is what it says

Windoes cannot open this file:

File: MandrakeMove-i586.iso

To open this file, Windows needs to know what program created it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you can manually select from a list of programs on your computer.

first of all i do not have internet on the computer i am trying to get it to work on but i doubt that will work and i am guessing i am doing something wrong... sorry but i am totally new to linux.... anyone know what to do???

p.s. on the computer i downloaded it from (i downloaded it straight to the cd) it says it was a Easy CD creation file or something like that. I have easy CD creator if that is what i need but for some reason, i serious doubt it.

hi ho! :)

well, easy cd-creator is the right tool for this job. the file you got was a cd-image. so in easy cd-creator, select from the menu that you want to write an image-cd, then select the iso-format and start burning. once the cd is finished, logg off, restart your comp with booting from cd enabled and insert the cd in the bootdrive. the linux-distro will load automatically and it will not write anything on your harddrive. have fun with exploring mandrake. if you still have problems, post them, we will gladly answer. :D

Edited by arctic