Aiptek Tablet 8000u drivers

Guest Squall

Guest Squall

Hi,

I recentlly bought a Trust tablet that was identified as an aiptek 8000u on linux ( Fedora 1 with kernel 2.4.3 , i think ) Now i run mandrake 10 with kernel 2.6.3 and Xfree86 4.30 , does anyone know where to get the drivers for these versions of kernel and xf86 , and more importantlly did anyone ever manage to get this tablet working ? i mean it doesen't even apear in usbview, it just shows 2 empty ports, but the led on the tabllet is on ... some help or guidance would be apreciated , i didn't manae to run it on fedora either :)

[moved from Hardware by spinynorman]

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Did you manage to get it working? I've got a Dolphin which shows as an AIPTEK. It worked from plug-in but I cannot set the parameters for the tablet - pen runs off the screen.

I'll post another query and maybe between us we'll be able to work it out. I'm happy to swap any info I get from my local user group.

• 4 months later...

Well, thought I'd share with all that my Dolphin tablet (Aiptek clone) works perfectly on Fed Core 3. I couldn't not get it to work properly in Man 10.0 or 10.1. Very sad.

In Fed Core, all that is required is to slow down the mouse!

In Man .0 and .1, this helps to improve the operation of the tablet, but not to the same degree as it does on Fed Core 3.