Wireless Network Cards

Guest mrscoobs

Guest mrscoobs

:unsure: I know this has been asked a few time, but I am looking for a wireless card for my laptop. One that takes very minimal configuration to get up and running. Unfortunately, I have tried two different Netgear WG511s and cannot get them to work. I had a d-link working with driveloader but then I screwed something up and had to re-install and cannot get it to work now with either card and can't get help with the errors.

So if someone has a recomendation as to which card is...Plug & Play or recognized out of the box. Preferably a 54G.

Thanks,

John

Guest mrscoobs

I have indeed tried the prism site and also the forum section. And nobody can seem to help me out. So I'm at a loss. I want my Linux Wireless. Cost is not really an issue.

Googling isn't helping at all. I have a laptop running Mandy 10 Official. I have kernel 2.6.7. And I have a WG511 wireless card. I have done two things. One I tried not compiling kernel as Prism54 driver is already installed. I have installed the firmware into/sbin/hotplug. The green light on the card comes one. But when I try and bring up eth1 iget the following error SIOCSIFFLAGS: Timer Expired. Now I'm stuck don't know what to do.

I also patched the kernel and get the same errors. I have been working for about a month trying to get this thing to work.

Helpppppppp!

Thanks John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrscoobs

:cheeky: Mandrake made me goofy so I went to SuSe Pro 9.1 and it works flawlessly.

No the siocifflags at Prism did not help. Tried many, many things. Spent a few hours on Google, etc. Out of curiosity I decided to give 9.1 Pro a try and all I had to do was let it know what my Access Point was and wallaa.

Thanks for eveyones help,

JOhn