LIRC - making some presets with lircrc

mikewho

I've got simple and comfortable remote with only few buttons but i would like to use them in lots of ways. Long time ago I did use the GIRDER software where I had 5 buttons to change between winamp, movie player, tv-software, dvd player, mouse, audio mixer and power options groups of buttons. that way i had same buttons work under different software

i can't get it working in the lircrc config file

can u tell me, please, how to do it, show where to find more precise lircrc info or maybe you know a linux software to make lirc work like girder does?

:thanks:

PS:

I read somewhere in some forum that the MDK LIRC rpm (0.6.6.-6mdk) doesn't want to work and this someone left it and compile it from source - good work, but the RPM does work ;)

simple howto make lirc work under MDK is here:

http://www.mandrake.tips.4.free.fr/lirc.html

(i had use lirc-0.6.6-7mdk, the one in the MDK10 is 6mdk) :thumbs:

I don't think it's possible 'yet' to control kde or gnome with a remote. (though I've read somewhere they are working on it, The developer of khotkeys was suppose to work on it).

I use lirc and freevo to watch movies, browse pictures, play music, watch TV etc etc and control it all with my remote.. It works great but it isn't exactly what you looked for. Stiil I think at this moment it's the best you' will find.

edit found something else: :)

http://linuxgazette.net/104/brown.html

edit Have been playing around some more :) : It is already possible to control KDE by remote, start irkick, choose settings,, new action, function of active etc etc. I haven't found out how to open and close applications and have only open applications react to remote control but I'm working on it.

Edited by devries

thanx for the tip :)

i've seen some screenshots of the freevo project its the second thing im going to be on right after i finish my GeeXBoX-made-player. if freevo would work i would just had to change the software on my player

this thing with presets in lircrc im going to use on my Mandrake in my room, not a multimedia-box

in the living room

i had it worked out some time ago with girder and it did very well for me... i miss it ;)

• 1 month later...

thanks for the info

check out my new remote: it's quite "out of space" ain't it?

1.jpg

2.jpg

irxevent - is the program u ment i guess, not irkick

i've started to get my lirc config on the way i hope its gonna work as mine girder configuration some time soon

Edited by mikewho

OK... no wonder nobody have ansered my question - it was so easy to do, that everyone was thinking i was joking :)

begin
   button = enter
   mode = themode1
end
begin
   button = space
   mode = themode2
end

begin themode1
 begin
   button = 1
 end
end themode1

begin themode2
 begin
   button = 2
 end
end themode2

that's all, presets done

i feel so stupid - why was there no one to help me ...

Edited by mikewho