Multibooting: WinXP, MDK 10 & MNF

a13x

I have the following OSs installed on my first hard disk (40GB): WinXP & MDK 10.

I'd like to install MNF on my network server but first I want to try it out on my PC. So how can I install MNF on my second hard disk (30GB) ? I ask this because it will probably want to install LILO, but in my case LILO is already installed and working.

There are two things you can do: Install the new os and add the entry to lilo manually (my choice) or reinstall lilo and allow it to set itself up. Personally, a little research will tell you what the lilo entry is. I have used lilo alot, and manually add changes in the boot. the most common mistake is forgetting to run "lilo -v" after making edits.

That I don't know, not having worked with mnf. Most installers allow the option of not installing a boot loader, at least, every other distro I have installed does that. They warn you and throw fits, but allow the install to complete without a boot loader or a boot disk. B)

Signal 0 is no problems found

Exit code 8 is control program errors

If the partitions are already formatted, why do it again? Can this part be skipped?

I don't think it can be skipped. I've tried but there isn't any way around. It's just some stupid implementation in the installer. The partition is already ext3 but it wants to format in again.

If the partitions are already formatted, why do it again?

Don't ask me, ask the guy that designed the installer. :screwy: